Gifts & Deposits | Claran neo-riaghaltais
The Tasglann make accessible a number of collections that have been deposited or gifted to the care of Comhairle nan Eilean Siar.
Clicking on a link below will open the catalogue for each collection within our archive database.
If you wish to use any of these records, please contact the Tasglann.
Clubs, Societies and Trusts
Iolaire Disaster Fund, 1918-1938
Lewis Pipe Band, 1947-1995
Business / industry records
Barvas rent ledgers 1854-1920
Copies of Court of Session papers regarding Harris Tweed , 1964
Fishing Industry papers gathered by the Lewis Museum Society, 1960-1989
Harris Tweed Authroity papers 1930s-2010
Rodney Long photograph collection re: building of Stornoway Ferry Terminal, 1995-1997
Donald Macaulay, warehouseman and merchant, Stornoway, 1906-1929
D D Morrison
, general merchant and electrical retailer, Stornoway, 1920-2008
Seaforth papers relating to Lewis (Copies, originals at the National Records of Scotland Ref: GD46)
Letter fo NRS Hutchison to Lady Matheson, 1862
Colin Mackenzie correspondence from Kenneth Mackezie, Banker and school board member, Stornoway 1873
Dr Norman Morrison (1869-1949), zoologist, policeman and photographer, c1910s-1930s
Rev R Morrison papers regarding the church in Stornoway, c1870-1960
Pupil statements against William Fraser, head teacher at Back Public School, Lewis, 1890s
Georgina Watt photogrpah collection of Lewis and Harris landmarks, 2000
Western Isles Election and referenda ephemera, 2011-2012